A Second Look At Some Of The Things...

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Alright, At Least It's Not The Same Old "Grave Concern"

I must admit I was a bit pessimistic about what I thought would be coming out from the Meeting of the Friends of the Chairman of the 10th Islamic Summit Conference in Putrajaya today.

I had blogged earlier in the day expressing concern about the possibility of the meeting coming out with statements that parrot the same old expression of "grave concern" over the ongoing crisis in the Middle East.

I was, in some ways, glad that my scepticism had been proven wrong and that a much stronger statement had been coming from the meeting's venue as the day pass by. Just now someone relayed to me a breaking news from Bernama:

Muslim leaders meeting in Putrajaya today demanded the United Nations Security Council to call for an immediate stop of Israeli aggression in Lebanon, failing which they call all OIC member states to push for the convening of the meeting of the General Assembly under "Uniting for Peace".


So, okay. Let me digest that piece of information...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home