A Second Look At Some Of The Things...

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Not A Good Day To Start A Blog

Sometime around 3.07pm yesterday, I posted my first entry here in The 4th-Person Perspective, my first tentative step into what could be an exciting past-time as a blogger, where I can blog just about any issues that strike my fancy.

I realised today that the path to happy blogging is as strewn with thorns as an unkempt garden of rose is strewn with thorns. "Bloggers Beware" said the headline in the front-page report of The Star today:

KUALA TERENGGANU: The Prime Minister has issued a warning – those who spread untruths and slander on the Internet will face the law.

If information in blogs, websites and online portals were incorrect, bordered on slander, caused disturbance or compelled the public to lose faith in the nation’s economic policies, their authors would be detained for investigation, said Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi.

"We cannot allow such matters to flow through uncontrolled," he told newsmen after attending a briefing on the proposed Islamic Civilisation Park in Pulau Wan Man here. [Source: The Star, Aug 2]


I guess, beware is what I shall do. I don't want this new-born 4th Person to run straight into the long arms of the law.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home